The OpenJS Foundation is excited to announce the full schedule of keynote speakers, sessions and workshops for OpenJS World, the Foundation’s annual global conference. From June 23 to 24, developers, software architects, engineers, and other community members from OpenJS Foundation hosted projects such as AMP, Dojo, Electron, and Node.js will tune in to network, learn and collaborate.
Due to continuing COVID-19 safety concerns, OpenJS World 2020 will now take place as a free virtual experience, at the same dates and time: June 23 – June 24 on the US Central Time Zone. If you have already registered and paid, we will be in touch with you about your refund.
Today we are excited to announce keynote speakers, sessions and hands-on workshops that will be joining us at OpenJS World!
- Anil Dash, CEO of Glitch
- Prosper Otemuyiwa, Co-Founder and CTO of Eden
- Dr. Joy Rankin, Research Lead at the AI Now Institute and Research Scholar at New York University
- Juan Pablo Buritica, Engineering Executive
- Jessica Wilkerson, Cyber Policy Analyst, Food and Drug Administration
- Adam Baldwin, Vice President of Security, GitHub
- Shubhie Panicker, Software Engineer at Google
- Nicole Sullivan, Chrome Product Manager, Google
- Keeley Hammond, Senior Software Engineer, InVision
- Michael Dawson, Node.js Community Lead at IBM
Session Highlights Include
- Chronicles of the Node.jsEcosystem: The Consumer, The Author, and The Maintainer – Bethany Griggs, Open Source Engineer and Node.js TSC Member, IBM
- Fighting Impostor Syndrome with the Internet of Things – Tilde Thurium, Developer Evangelist, Twilio
- From Streaming to Studio – The Evolution of Node.js at Netflix – Guilherme Hermeto, Senior Platform Engineer at Netflix
- Hint, Hint!: Best Practices for Web Developers with webhint – Rachel Simone Weil, Edge DevTools Program Manager, Microsoft
- User-Centric Testing for 2020: How Expedia Modernized its Testing for the Web – Tiffany Le-Nguyen, Software Development Engineer, ExpediaGroup
The conference covers a range of topics for developers and end-users alike including frameworks, security, serverless, diagnostics, education, IoT, AI, front-end engineering, and much more.
Interested in participating online in OpenJS World? Register now.
Also, sponsorships for this year’s event are available now. If you are interested in sponsoring, check out the event prospectus for details and benefits.
For new and current contributors, maintainers, and collaborators to the Foundation, we are hosting the OpenJS Foundation Collaborator Summit on June 22, 25 and 26th. This event is an ideal time for people interested or working on projects to share, learn, and get to know each other. Learn more about registering for the OpenJS Collaborator Summit.
Thank you to the OpenJS World program committee for their tireless efforts in bringing in and selecting top tier keynote speakers and interesting and informative sessions. We are honored to work with such a dedicated and supportive community!