In May this year, the OpenJS Foundation announced the largest one-time government support investment ever to a Linux Foundation project.
We’re off to a quick start! 🏃♀️💨
In 2023 Q2, our main challenge was to quickly establish a cross-functional project within the Linux Foundation with enough resources and processes in place to complete the Q2 deliverables. It was also imperative to communicate with our projects to create momentum for the work.
As a result of this early momentum, we are well-positioned to accomplish our Q3 goals.
Program Management Key Accomplishments
- All Project Management program components created including: task tracking, recurring meetings, project inventory, reporting templates and communication channels
- Financial framework for tracking and reporting implemented with Linux Foundation CFO
- Project briefing deck created, and four multi-project onboarding meetings were held to accommodate schedules and timezones. 1:1 briefings were held for others
Infrastructure Key Accomplishments
- Project inventory form developed and sent to projects
- Analysis of inventory responses completed
- Proposed solutions ready for internal review
- “Project completion” defined
Security Key Accomplishments
- Hired and onboarded security engineer
- Selected audit and training vendor
- Inventory and initial analysis completed for project audit priorities
- Prioritized list of projects socialized with Security Collab Space
- Scope of Badge Program and Secure Releases/CVE management defined
We believe we are off to a great start. There’s much more work to be done. If you are involved in open source software development and are interested in finding out more information about our efforts, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.